Friday, November 11, 2005

Uh Huh

A lot of stuff happening, thus why I haven't posted in a week or so. I have some big essays coming up but after they are done I can spend more time here.
Lets not burn the universities yet. After all, the damage they do might be worse
These are the famous lines H. L Menchen once wrote. But In respect to Israel, I'd have to disagree - lets burn the university now..... or perhaps reform debate and teaching, which is probably preferable to arson.

I wore my IDF shirt to an International Politics seminar a few weeks ago. At first I thought i'd suddenly become attractive or something, but alas, the shirt attracts the eye. I was asked by one fellow student whether I wore the shirt "with a hint of irony", and was a bit dismayed when I replied there was none.

Also, for the 13th time, I had to deny that not now, nor have I ever been, in the slightest bit, and nor do I plan to become, Jewish. While my support of Israel was strange, as soon as people realise I am of that opinion through ration rather than merely blind religious faith - well, y'know, they suddenly find a reason to leave, to go, somewhere..... else....

I haven't made any active effort to recruit people yet to my cause and the blog, but I think its about time I did, especially starting with friends whom I know are of a similar political persuasion. I am now an admin at Aberystwyth Conservative Future and shall start lobbying fellow members in due course.

After my essays of course. I need to please academia by using aloof words and phrases first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home